Here are Halloween Trivia facts you may or may not have heard of before:
1. Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
2. Fifty percent of kids prefer to receive chocolate candy for Halloween, compared with 24% who prefer non-chocolate candy and 10% who preferred gum.
3. Ireland is typically believed to be the birthplace of Halloween.
4. Halloween has variously been called All Hallows’ Eve, Witches Night, Lamswool, Snap-Apple Night, Samhaim, and Summer’s End.
5. According to tradition, if a person wears his or her clothes inside out and then walks backwards on Halloween, he or she will see a witch at midnight.
6. Children are more than twice as likely to be killed in a pedestrian/car accident on Halloween than on any other night.
7. Orange and black are Halloween colors because orange is associated with the Fall harvest and black is associated with darkness and death.
8. Tootsie Rolls were the first wrapped penny candy in America.
9. Halloween is the 2nd most commercially successful holiday, with Christmas being the first.
10. Black cats were once believed to be witch’s familiars who protected their powers.
11. More than 93% of children, under the age of 12, will go out trick-or-treating.
12. 90% of parents admit to sneaking goodies from their kids’ Halloween trick-or-treat bags.
13. More than 35 million pounds of candy corn will be produced this year. That equates to nearly 9 billion pieces – enough to circle the moon nearly 4 times if laid end-to-end.
Check here on K.K. tomorrow for even more posts! There’s 7 Nights of Gruesome Goodness left to go!