It’s been a long month! I’ve been writing for Nanowrimo in between my classes and typing right after school when I got home. I have to say this contest was a real challenge.On the first nine days of Camp I was doing great. I didn’t ever think I was going to hit rock bottom. Then for six whole days I didn’t to write. On the fifteenth, however, I made a major comeback. I almost was going to quit, but I didn’t, luckily! Dealing with homework and writing was a struggle too. I am so happy to win this year! All my hard work has paid off! Although, it’s a terrible first draft. 😉
As a newcomer to the Nanowrimo experience, I thought I’d list a few factors I’d probably have to improve on for the next time I enter:
– Make an outline months beforehand to avoid writer’s block
– Manage my time more wisely
– Stay MOTIVATED no matter what!
– Go to bed at a decent time
– Need more pencils
– Need more food
– Need to focus 10x more
– Don’t get horribly sick (reason why I didn’t write for six days)!
– Have a working computer (Mine is broken. Thank gosh tablets exist. Otherwise I would’ve lost Camp Nanowrimo for sure!).
– Stay on task (I get easily distracted)!
– Don’t edit (I’m a perfectionist)!
I promised myself if I won Camp Nanowrimo by the end of the month, I’d enter into the July contest. Good luck to any people who are still writing and struggling to finish their stories by the end of the month for Nanowrimo! Bye for now!